We very much appreciate the kindness and financial support that so many of our parishioners and friends have shown during the lockdown periods and since we have reopened.
We fully appreciate that many people are facing their own financial uncertainties, despite these difficult times we are still receiving enquiries from people wanting to support the cathedral at this time when our income has been significantly reduced.
Here are some ways that you can help us:
- JustGiving: We have a JustGiving page (here) whereby you will be able to make donations online. When making your donation, please state on the page that you would like your donation to go to the Cathedral, as follows: "My donation is for St George’s Cathedral". This will ensure your donation goes to our cathedral parish.
- A Regular Donation by Standing Order: For more regular donations you can set up a standing order whereby the money is transferred from your bank account to that of the cathedral on a weekly or monthly basis. Please complete the pledge form you can download here and send it to us.
- Gift Aid: By Gift Aiding your donation you increase the value of it to us by 25% at no cost to you. The parish is able to reclaim the tax that you have already paid; the pledge form also includes a Gift Aid Declaration. In order for us to claim Gift Aid you must be a UK tax payer.
- Gift Aid Envelopes: Those of you who use the gift aid envelopes on a weekly basis may bring them to the cathedral when we are open for personal prayer and hand them to one of the stewards..
- You can make one-off transfers to the cathedral bank account from your own bank account or you can send us a cheque made out to "St George’s Cathedral".
If you have any questions or would like our bank details please contact Canon Richard: firstname.lastname@example.org.